Baroque Macarons + La Renaissance Cafe Patisserie Review

If you haven't heard of Baroque or La Renaissance then you are missing out on so much; settled neatly in the picturesque suburb, The Rocks, Baroque Bistro is a French restaurant with a patissiere division- La Renaissance. Macarons are available for purchase at both shops however large cakes are only available at La Renaissance.

Last week I made the trip to The Rocks to buy one of two cakes for my 18th birthday party.

 Located right next to Guylian Chocolate Cafe



Takeaway box for 5

 Macarons were $2.70 each takeaway or $3 dine-in and after having Ladurée macarons, no price tag can ever phase me again. 
 From the left: Jasmine- White chocolate ganache infused with jasmine tea, Pistachio & Sour Cherry- Pistachio and cinnamon white chocolate ganache with a sour cherry centre, Lime, Mango & Coconut, Salted Caramel- caramel with Fleur de Sel (pure sea salt from Britanny, France), and Blackcurrant- Cassis flavoured white chocolate ganache and cassis fruit paste. 


Remember how I raved about Ladurée's salted caramel macaron? Whilst I still stand by that, I think that I have been won over by Baroque's macarons (and their price)- they truly deserve the title of Sydney's best macaroons. With Ladurée, a lot of the macarons that I bought had cracked shells whereas Baroque's were still intact. I absolutely loved the Jasmine- the infused tea flavor was present but not detract away from the white chocolate ganache, and the lime, mango and coconut macaron had excellent flavor combination; you first get that kick of lime and coconut before you start searching for the mango (it’s there, you just have to look for it)



 Larme de Gaugin Large $52 (serves approx 10) 
Exotic tear-drop shaped cake; light creamy mixed 
berry mousse, encased in a decorative almond sponge (joconde*), and topped with glazed mixed berries
*Joconde: A mixture of eggs, ground almonds, icing sugar
and a little flour, made into sponge like sheets
 One of my friends had a La Renaissance cake for her 18th as well, and on both occasions we were not disappointed. The acidity of the berry mousse worked so well with the joconde. Whilst I do have a sweet tooth, at times overbearing sweetness tends to overpower and detract from the cake but not with this one, the light berry mousse provided a subtle kick of sugary goodness to balance the slight tartness. The glazing, or thin layer of jelly added another dimension to the cake making this cake a real pleasure to eat!

Loved the seasonal fruits just wished there were more and who can tell me what that yellow fruit is because when I ate it, it tasted like those popping ball you get when you buy frozen yogurt.
My second cake was from Pishon Patissiere and Cake Cafe- Mocha Chiffon Cake with cream (Large $38)

It took me a while to decide which place to link back to Urbanspoon but since I bought everything from La Renaissance it is only fitting that Urbanspoon information is also for La Renaissance.

La Renaissance Cafe Patisserie on Urbanspoon


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Updates

Meet The Author

Welcome to my blog and enjoy exploring my posts about food and fashion. And if you really must know more about me then you'll find an 'About me' tab at the top or if you're too lazy to do that then just click here


Lots of love

X

Shirley