"Fashion is Confidence"

It certainly has been a long time since I've done a fashion related post and it has really irked me, I keep saying "Bitter enough with the food, there is a couture in the title for a reason".

So the above quote funnily enough was actually said by Yoo Jae Suk a Korean entertainment who is the MC of Running Man. A few weeks ago I indulged in flicking through my collection of photos from primary school and high school, I'm a very sentimental person and I had my 'what the hell was I wearing moment'. I'm sure we all experience such thoughts but that got me thinking somethings we just need to laugh at ourselves instead of being so critical. If you consider the fast fashion these days, it all had to originate from say a first mover before anyone else follows like mindless sheep adopting styles as their own. Thus, anyone can wear anything (so long as it is not indecent nor insulting), it's the way you wear something rather than what you wear that is fashion. It's the confidence of an individual that starts trends going because others will follow suit in admiration.

You could extend the above to hairstyles as well, so don't fret if you have a bad hairstyle, if you wear it proud no one will dare to criticise you.

I just want to finish this post off by mentioning one of my idols, Tavi Gevinson who I blogged about in one of my very first posts. She's such an inspirational person, at 17 now, she has accomplished so much and I still feel as though I have so much to learn from her. If you haven't heard one of her talks you should youtube her immediately because the stuff she discusses so relevant to teenage girls particularly in our contemporary society. In fact, she's actually giving a talk in the Sydney Opera House tonight, I would've gone but I found out too late so I'm eagerly awaiting the next opportunity for me to see her preach her words of wisdom in person.

I promise that the next few posts should include something fashion related because I'm going to be super busy with uni soon so that equivocates to less eating out and more takeaway so more reason to write about fashion to procrastinate from my work load.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Updates

Meet The Author

Welcome to my blog and enjoy exploring my posts about food and fashion. And if you really must know more about me then you'll find an 'About me' tab at the top or if you're too lazy to do that then just click here


Lots of love

X

Shirley