Belljar Coffee Review

Away from the traffic of King St and Enmore Road, you might be surprised that a quaint little cafe is nestled amongst the foliage of Alice St (mind you Alice St is not your ordinary suburban street, it is too long to be classified as a 'street' in my opinion but that is a debate for another day). I don't know why but when I went to the Belljar Coffee, I was reminded of the days of milk bars- even though I never really lived through that era myself, but there is something appealing about granny knits, wallpapers and anything that exudes 'home'.

 Iced coffee $4
I was so shocked when I saw this because what is featured in this photo is a brick wallpaper, yeah pretty amazing.

 Banana mango passionfruit smoothie $6
A very different smoothie from what I'm used to, first of all it came with a paper straw- my first experience of paper straws came at Circa at Parramatta read it here. Unfortunately, the paper straw was a bad idea, because a smoothie is quite thick, the straw did soften easily and that made it harder to drink when you have a defunct straw. I'm also assuming that they used yoghurt to make this, maybe Greek because there was definitely that sour taste coming through which was interesting but I did feel that it masked the flavours of the fruits. As a suggestion for those that make smoothies at home, stick to a staple scoop of ice-cream or the sweeter varieties of yoghurt. 

 Salmon Plate- Smoked Salmon, Avocado, Ricotta, Lemon, Dill & Rocket served with Toast $14.50

The food was, in my opinion average, it wasn't bad but also wasn't a wow factor or something on the menu that particularly excited me either. I quite enjoyed the ricotta that came with it, I did expect the clumpy ricotta but what I got instead was very pleasant to eat and incredibly light. 

Belljar Stack- Scrambled eggs served with bacon, grilled tomato and mushrooms $17



Belljar Coffee on Urbanspoon



0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Updates

Meet The Author

Welcome to my blog and enjoy exploring my posts about food and fashion. And if you really must know more about me then you'll find an 'About me' tab at the top or if you're too lazy to do that then just click here


Lots of love

X

Shirley