George's Cafe Review

Dear George,

I'm breaking up with you. It's not me. It's you. And unfortunately all good things must come to an end just like Nelly Furtado's singing career ( I didn't just say that). I used to remembered you fondly despite our long distance relationship because you always held a special place in my heart just like how I remember my childhood friends. But George you disappointed me and those around me. What happened to you?

Sorry to disappoint guys but this is not me taking to my blog to comfort my broken heart- at least not romantically. George does exist but he goes by the name George's Cafe and he was one of the few places in Burwood that I used to recommend after my first review in 2011, the prelude to this blog actually. The sizing used to be huge, modestly priced and delicious. Service wasn't outstanding but it wasn't poor either. A few weeks ago I found myself in Burwood again with my mum and her friend and I suggested George's. Let's just say I was ashamed to call myself a food blogger after we had to wait 30min for our food to arrive, the waitress was more concerned about anything other than what we wanted and as a result ordered a chicken schnitzel instead of a veal schnitzel for my mother's friend.

I wish I could give you a Carly and Tresne (from MKR) style compliment sandwich where I shove a critique amongst 2 compliments but sadly I have nothing because I was left unimpressed with the pasta that I ordered.

Sorry George. It's over.

Yours faithfully,

Bitter


A photo of happier times- think 2011

George's Cafe on Urbanspoon


2 comments :

  1. Awww...if they've gotten similar feedback from loyal patrons then there might have been some changes internally. I become a loyal patron, too and tend to stick to what I fell in love with the first time :). Hope you have a great week, Shirley!

    Julie & Alesah
    Gourmet Getaways xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I suspect that there has been a change of management. A friend of who also used to adore this place concurs with me when I say that it has definitely changed for the worse. I pray that your favourite spots remain untouched.

      Delete

 

Instagram Updates

Meet The Author

Welcome to my blog and enjoy exploring my posts about food and fashion. And if you really must know more about me then you'll find an 'About me' tab at the top or if you're too lazy to do that then just click here


Lots of love

X

Shirley