Movenpick Darling Harbour Review

Words of wisdom as quote by Bitter or myself, "Ice-cream is best enjoyed in Winter". I continue to stand by that, because in Winter you can savour and actually appreciate the taste of ice-cream whereas in Summer you find it as a means of escapism from the relentless heat.

After exams last Friday, I took some of my uni friends out to Movenpick in Darling Harbour because you know I love a good Groupon that allows you to enjoy 50% deal and this time the T&C was for desserts and that included waffles! Despite having my own waffle machine, at times you just cannot compare to Belgian waffles made fresh in-store, however after going to the Movenpick store in Bondi Beach I would have to say that next time I would rather go the extra mile because my experience there was so much better.

First, the waffles was a bit disappointing-they lacked that crunch that I was looking for as I ate mouthful after mouthful. The servings as well varied significantly in this store, with much smaller scoops. So, all-in-all, whilst I loved the ice-cream, I don't think that their waffles met my expectations and the seating was also limited and not lit up at all.

 Chocolate waffle with Stracciatella and Swiss chocolate ice-cream
Panna cotta, Pistachio, Tiramisu, Blackcurrant and cream, Creme brûlée and maple walnut ice-cream. It was first time trying Movenpick's Pistachio ice-cream and I find that usually with a flavour such as pistachio it is either a bullseye or a complete miss, for me it was the latter as it tasted more along the lines of cough medicine. 


Mövenpick Ice Cream on Urbanspoon


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Updates

Meet The Author

Welcome to my blog and enjoy exploring my posts about food and fashion. And if you really must know more about me then you'll find an 'About me' tab at the top or if you're too lazy to do that then just click here


Lots of love

X

Shirley